The Saint (The Original Sinners: White Years #1)

The Saint (The Original Sinners: White Years #1) - Tiffany Reisz Admittedly, I 'spoiled' myself by looking at the questions and then I had to skip to the ending to check that the said 'spoiler' wasn't true (although I can see how Reisz was being evil (kidding :P) and wrote it so that we would've thought it was so to the very end), because that would be just too sad for me to read, at least at this time, but all was good and more than that - great.

So I guess this instalment at last deserves full 5 (or mayve 4.5?), because it definitely surpassed the first part of the series, despite depicting the past events, most of which if not all have been previously mentioned.

I love the style of this series and how Reisz keeps adding layers upon layers to the existing picture that still never gets boring or repetitive; on the contrary, it always feels fresh and new, as she brings the (albeit previously mentioned) details to the forefront or clarifies them from different viewpoints.

Thus, we had already got to know all the major points of this story before, but if what we had seen before had been a pencil drawing, this was a watercolour painting in vivid, astounding details and if I hadn't loved Nora and Soren before, I certainly would now - and so I do now even more.

I especially loved the confirmation that what happened towards the end of Book 4 was indeed a blessing for everyone involved and made them all happy. I just love how despite a 'controversial' main pair and the (sub)genre, this series is most of all about so much love all around and everyone looking after each other and each other's happiness while letting each other stay true to themselves.

As a newly introduced character, Nico seems an interesting character, too, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of him, as well as more of Nora and others' past and present in the following instalments. What have I gotten myself into starting this series? But I'm not complaining and definitely not regretting it.